Uff!

22.5.09

Sometimes some easy stuff gets into some kind of loop hole, that actually hinders progress of understanding of such concepts. I sometimes fall victim of such loopholes, and I get frustrated very easily by these events.

The last one occurred during my study of saturation mode for a BJT. It is very simple that in saturation mode, both the Emitter and the Collector junction is forward biased, while in active the collector junction goes reverse. That is pretty easy! And as for Germanium it is 0.7 V forward drop, so the Transistor (Ge) will remain in saturation until the Collector Voltage reaches 0.7 volt less that the base voltage. But I had trouble of figuring this out. I had to think about five minutes to get, and browsing franatically on the Net, just to find myself suddenly getting the fact.

Labels:

Post a Comment

0 Comments: