MATLAB, Engineering Graduation etc etc.

29.7.09

After a long time I am posting on this site. I am now learning MATLAB, and it is pretty fun. I learned 'plot', 'stem', and 'stair' for various data visualization. I learned looping techniques and array allocations. Some books say that MATLAB in my CV would be a very good addition, that might boost my career. I am kinda excited about MATLAB.

My syllabus has some numerical methods, and does instructs us to do all those computations using the C language. That might be a bit difficult, compared to MATLAB, but if I practice much I will make it up to some apparent perfection. I have used C most of my programming life, so it would not be much difficult to express the algorithms into program.

The Bayesan Probability and related algebra is exciting! Most exciting is the significance of probability distribution function, which I didn't even try to understand (Keeping the dessert as the last treat).

Graduation in engineering can be very boring, but the concepts introduced can be very exciting if learned properly.

We have the all the great subjects this semester:
  • Mathematics (Probability & Statistics, Fourier Series and Transform, Graph theory, Complex calculus)
  • Solid State Devices (When the going gets tough, the tough gets going)
  • Electronics Instrumentation and Measurement (U know, the transducers and actuators stuff)
  • Numerical Methods and Analysis (The mathematics practical)
  • Circuit Theory (I have a faint idea what this is)
  • Data Structures and Algorithms (Pretty easy stuff I think)
It is fun to try to enjoy the whole engineering stuff...good!

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Blogger Arijit Dasgupta said...

Test comment!

July 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Arijit Dasgupta said...

Test comment 2

July 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM